Wednesday 10 June 2009

Feedback

The strengths of the final cut from wednesday I though was the music to the first film archive footage I thought the contrast in modern music to the silent footage worked well even though the client didn’t like it. I also think the Long Road fashion footage worked well especially as the footage is being played in shop windows and will help show students work. Things that didn’t work so well was the beginning as I felt it was too flashy and too try hard. Other weaknesses included a lot of the footage was cut too quickly giving it an unprofessional look, for example Buster Keaton and the footage of the one man band.

The feedback from the client is as follows, they thought it was too touristy and that it didn’t fit in with the cambridge atmosphere. Tony also felt the Buster Keaton clips were too long and people would lose interest in the whole screening. Other complaints were the titles in between footage was far too flashy and looked a bit tacky.

The final footage that I produced incorporated logos made by me, Dave, Loz and Ash, as well as Archive footage, Depict and Michel Gondry.

No comments:

Post a Comment